Currently seeking a product specialist for our team for up to 3-5 days a week at our Toronto shop.
A great opportunity for someone with a genuine passion for stationery, pens and retail experience. Bonus if you are active in the social media stationery community. Looking for someone who can work as part of a team and autonomously.
We offer product discounts, workshop discounts, product samples and training.
Interested applicants, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting closes Feb 28th. Due to the number of emails that we receive, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Part-time Product Specialist, Paper Plus Cloth
A Product Specialist is integral to growing the business as a point of contact for customers in the retail space and is responsible for all sales activities including, but not limited to, greeting customers, processing sales/refunds/exchanges, answering questions, offering assistance, demonstrating product and providing product information with the highest level of customer service. Position will also be responsible for packing and processing online orders.
Day to day responsibilities include but not limited to:
- keeping the selling floor safe, clean and stocked with merchandise
- ensuring that customers are aware/following current Covid-19 safety measures
- stocking product and merchandising
- providing exceptional customer service
- work to prevent and deter theft
- staying up to date on product knowledge (training provided where necessary)
- tracking daily progress and order status updates
- keeping notes on customer requests, questions, ideas and other important notes and observations
- packing and processing orders
Special projects may include:
- Contributing to the Paper Plus Cloth social media platforms
- Updating the PaperPlusClothShop Instagram account
- Working special events (off or on-site) and special event prep
- Create samples with products for demonstration purposes
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficient in verbal and written English language
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate with customers, peers and management
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Physical demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least 4- 6 consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling and crouching
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours based on shop busy seasons/periods/special events
We offer paid training, paid breaks, generous product discounts, workshop discounts and sample products for testing.