Currently seeking a part-time product specialist for our team.
A perfect opportunity for someone with a genuine passion for stationery, retail experience and in depth knowledge of the items we carry. Even better if you are active in the social media stationery community.
We offer product discounts, workshop discounts, team perks and a fun working environment.
Interested applicants, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting closes August 30th and we will contact successful applicants for an interview by September 5th.
Part-time Product Specialist, Paper Plus Cloth
A Product Specialist is integral to growing the business as a point of contact for customers in the retail space and is responsible for all sales activities including, but not limited to, greeting customers, processing sales/refunds/exchanges, answering questions, offering assistance, suggesting items, demonstrating product and providing product information with the highest level of customer service.
Day to day responsibilities include but not limited to:
- keeping the selling floor clean and stocked with merchandise
- keeping selling floor safe for customers by ensuring floors are free from obstructions, etc.
- ensuring that customers are aware/following new Covid-19 safety measures
- product merchandising in an attractive, engaging and safe (theft-proof) manner
- keeping a watchful eye and providing exceptional customer service to deter/prevent theft
- staying up to date on product knowledge (training provided where necessary)
- packing online orders based on branding initiatives
- keeping up to date on competitors and the latest products in the stationery market
- keeping notes (trello and/or staff notebooks) on customer requests, questions, ideas and other important notes and observations
Special projects may include:
- Contributing to the Paper Plus Cloth Pinterest Board
- Updating the PaperPlusClothShop Instagram account
- Special events (off or on-site) and special event prep
- Create samples with products for demonstration purposes
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficient in verbal and written English language
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate with customers, peers and management
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Physical demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least 4- 6 consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling and crouching
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours based on shop busy seasons/periods/special events
We offer paid training for new products, product demos and workplace safety. Generous product discounts, workshop discounts, team perks and a fun working environment.